Friday, March 12, 2010

Update on my life for the past 8 months!!

Well, it has been a LONG time since I have posted anything. I am pretty certain I haven't posted anything since I went back to work and that was 8 months ago! My little Sydney Anne is really growing up. She is the joy of our life. Each day gets more and more wonderful. Is it hard? Heck yes! I never knew what my mom and dad went through, but the joy that comes is so worth it. I've had a hard time having a full-time job and being a full-time mom. Luckily, I have a wonderful boss who has worked with me so that I have the benefit of working part-time. It is still very hard and I miss my baby every day.

Sydney Anne goes to the Children's Learning Center at First Baptist Church in downtown Montgomery. She loves it! She has so many friends and plays so well with others. Her best friend is Micah Jones. My cube is right next to his mom Sheri at work. We had our babies a week apart and they have gone to daycare together since they were 2 months. I guess you could say they have known each other for awhile! The saddest news came on January 2, 2010 when I was told Sydney Anne would move to the crawlers' room. She was 7 months old (and still not crawling) when she went in the room. Everything was bliss until then. THEN, she started getting all the germs. She had strep throat within 2 weeks of moving into the class and then she got RSV the next week. It has truly been a battle and I will be so glad when the summer months are here.

Overall, we are truly blessed! Mat and I just pray for health for our little girl every day. Since August, Mat has been back and forth from Hurlburt Field in Florida, so I have been a single mom during the week. We make it work....somehow!! Most days I am just surviving, but enjoying my baby nonetheless. God has been so good to me that I cannot complain!!

1 comment:

  1. Sydney Anne is so cute. I am glad you are getting to work part-time. We should get together sometime and let the girls play. Glad to see you have updated the blog!!!

    ReplyDelete

Followers